Pistachio and Dried Cherry Biscotti
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, plus 1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup whole pistachios, toasted
¾ cup dried cherries
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
8 oz. white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and whisk together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Gently mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest until incorporated. Fold in the hazelnuts and dried cherries.
3. Divide the dough in half and roll into 2 logs the length of the baking pan. Place the logs onto a parchment lined baking pan at least 3 inches apart. Beat the egg white with a splash of water. Brush the logs with the egg white and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. remove logs to a cutting board and slice on a bias about ¾ inch thick. Lay the biscotti back on the baking pan and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
5. Place white chocolate in a small bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, being careful to not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl, until melted. Dip half of each biscotti in the melted chocolate and return the baking pan to cool.
We Recommend Pairing With Tabor Hill Moscato