Pandemic Plans & Procedures
We are excited to welcome you, your family, and friends to enjoy one of our properties! For those of you who have been to our properties before, you will notice a lot of changes. Please be patient with us as we navigate this new normal. Our team continues to re-evaluate week after week to determine what needs to change so we can continue to keep our community safe! We are following ALL Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Guidelines & Orders. To best prepare yourself, please review our Pandemic Plans & Procedures below. This page was last updated on Tuesday, March 2.
We are following ALL Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Guidelines & Orders at ALL of our locations effective Tuesday, March 2. Please do not argue with us about these guidelines and rules. We don't like these rules any more than you do, but we will enforce them so we can continue to stay open. Any guests that chose not to follow these guidelines will be asked to leave for the safety of our guests, staff, and community.
- Indoor capacity is 25% - beginning Friday March 5 it will be 50%
- Face masks are required when not seated at your table
- Tables are limited to six (6) people from no more than two (2) households
- Contact tracing information will be collected
- Guests are asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Guests must stay at their table unless moving to/from the restroom (remember to mask-up)
- With the limited number of available seats, please limit your stay to less than two (2) hours so that others can also have a chance to enjoy our properties
- Due to capacity restrictions, guests are not permitted to wait for their table indoors.
- All locations will be closed either at or before 10PM. Beginning Friday March 5 it will be 11PM EST
- If you are feeling symptomatic or ill, please follow CDC guidelines and stay home
STAYING SAFE – OUR PART.
First, and for most, the health and safety of our team, our customers, and our community are and have always been our first priority. We take this responsibility very seriously, and we trust you do as well. None of us wants to see anyone get sick, nor do we want to see businesses have to close down again. We strive to be a leading example of how to safely operate while maintaining the highest quality experience for our customers.
Each MHG employee will wear a mask to protect against the spread of germs.
To minimize exposure, each member of our team will be wearing gloves while preparing orders. We are requiring new gloves to be worn at the start of every shift and switched out multiple times during the day.
We will adhere to the state of Michigan guidelines for screening employees prior to work. These measures include a daily questionnaire focused on exposure and health and wellness as well as infrared temperature checks upon arrival.
At the start of every shift, employees are required to wash their hands and maintain this practice routinely throughout their shift. Guests have access to soap and water in the bathrooms, and hand sanitizer in specific locations on the property.
Our team is committed to deep cleaning each building every night. In addition, we will ensure all high-touch areas such as door handles, railings, tables, and chairs are sanitized throughout the day.